FEAR OF REJECTION

 " The greatest trap in our life is not success , popularity  or power , but self rejection " . 
                    _ Henri Nouwen 

Life is about going for certain things . And when  we do , rejection is a possibility . Rejection means a lot of things to a lot  of people . Rejection  doesn't  have to be  big  such as being  rejected  from  a job ,  or not getting a seat in your favorite  college . It can be as simple as no one offering you a seat , or people  trying to avoid you , or nobody likes to have a conversation  with you . 
        I struggle with rejection  too and i am not new to  it . I have been dumped by my friends and by many people  who told me i am worthless or good for nothing . Everyone in their life experiences rejection .
                  Social rejection  is very hard to tackle . This makes one feel that something is wrong within us . We all begin questioning ourselves . We spend most of our time correcting ourselves  . We already create a presentation of our next day so that we can avoid disastrous  scenarios .  We begin to feel awkward  in our body  , our self esteem is at very low . We feel misunderstood by the world . 
                                                     I have temper issues  . I really lose my control over my temper and that creates  a mess . I too know i was wrong but everytime being pointed out makes me feel rejected . Some say i am overreactive or i am more of an attention seeker .  
                                        Even when  i am acting casual  people keep pointing me out  for my temperament. I began struggling with  my self esteem and teenage angst , it somewhat had a devastating  effect  on me . 
                                        I realised that i am deeply afraid of rejections . I feel that there is something wrong about me and once  people  find it about me , they will leave me . I know that we all are imperfect . We all have things that make us feel insecure , embarrass  .
                                                         Rejection  doesn't  define you . We should learn our self- worth . I can never  be able to control what other people  think about  me . There will be moments when i feel something is wrong  with me . 
                                                     There is nothing wrong in accepting your  flaws . We should learn what's  wrong  in us . There will be people  who will critic you . Always remember  sometimes criticism  can help you grow as a better human than  you were before .  Self esteem  comes from within . Learn to love yourself . 
                                                               Only we can decide how we want to treat rejection   - as a death sentence  or as a new form of life !

Comments